Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) is a global profession which has experienced an increase in demand due to the English speaking requirements involved in studying abroad and conducting international business.
As Vietnam continues to grow at a rapid rate, the need for TEFL is high, so Apollo continually seeks out the best teachers to meet these demands.
Teaching English in a foreign country is a brilliant opportunity to:
- Obtain a greater awarness of TEFL and its application on a global scale
- Challenge yourself and improve your teaching ability
- Enhance future teaching prospects
- Experience a new culture and visit interesting places
Am I qualified?
The minimum qualifications for teachers at Apollo are:
- A University Degree: this must be a 3 year bachelor's or higher
- CELTA / Trinity TESOL / IHC or equivalent
- Native level English speaker (USA, UK, Australia and Canada preferred)
- Clean criminal record check (with validity within 4 months)
- Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
- 6 months’ validity on passport
- Teachers with previous Young Learner experience will be prioritised
Having the CELTA qualification is ideal so that teachers are confident in teaching a wide range of learners. If you have already obtained your CELTA, great! If not, then apply for the CELTA program through Apollo offered at training centres in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
More senior positions require additional experience and certain roles may ask for specific competencies. Apollo welcomes all teachers with different teaching qualifications and levels of experience, so do not hesitate to send us your CV.